Identify more sustainable hydrogen pipeline routes
Overcome environmental constraints, avoid sensitive areas and meet sustainability objectives for your project.
Leverage best practice optioneering methodologies
Implement a flexible and repeatable route planning methodology for hydrogen network development.
Evaluate more route options, in less time
Analyse millions of potential hydrogen pipeline routes in detail with the first options returned in just hours.
Develop quickly while maintaining safety requirements
Ensure minimum distance requirements to buildings and assets are considered from day one.
Implement intelligent optioneering technology for better hydrogen networks
Import geospatial data
Leverage Optioneer’s open source GIS data and upload your own information on the project area
Set rules and generate route options
Configure route parameters and constraints for Optioneer to prioritise on the shortlisted routes it generates
Evaluate route data and iterate
Evaluate routes with interactive maps and KPI visualisations, and make instant updates to optimise each route scenario
Export data to existing software
Export data on preferred routes to existing GIS or CAD software for detailed design and preparation
Optioneer’s AI-powered route engine will dissect geospatial data, consider any routing limitations and balance key priorities such as cost or environmental targets to propose the most relevant hydrogen pipeline options for your project.
- Avoiding designated sites (e.g. SSSIs, National Parks, RAMSAR, Natura2000)
- Minimising impact on protected habitats
- Minimising impact on environmental receptors within proximity of the asset
- Minimising number land parcels crossed
- Minimising number of constraints in proximity of the route
- Minimising distance to nearest connection points
- Avoiding densely populated areas
- Maintaining buffer zones from existing assets
- Ensuring minimum cover based on land type
Engineering & Installation
- Choosing suitable open-cut and trenchless methods
- Identifying crossings linear features
- Avoiding existing underground utilities
- Following of existing right-of-ways
- Avoiding buildings, functional sites
- Minimising crossing of steep slopes
- Avoiding surface water and flood zones, contaminated or hazardous sites
- Calculating earthworks volumes and costs
- Calculating required material quantities and associated costs
- Determining high-level construction estimates (costs, access, drainage)
Energia complete offshore wind farm study in 3 weeks, with Optioneer™
Southern Water strengthen route selection process, with Optioneer™
GET IN TOUCH
We will be in touch with you shortly.