Automate analysis of millions of potential routes
Evaluate more routes in less time, earlier in the project lifecycle, with all the data your team needs, so you can lower planning risk, improve cost efficiencies and reduce impact on society and the environment.
Analyse millions of routes
Optioneer will analyse environmental, social, engineering and cost factors simultaneously, on millions of potential routes, for stronger route shortlists.
Generate options in hours
Generate route options, with detailed insights for a robust evaluation, in hours - not months, so your team is freed up to work on tackling the hardest problems.
Make updates in real time
Make instant changes to inputs and design rules, and quickly generate updated route scenario assessments so you can advance your projects with fewer delays.
“We used Optioneer’s AI to efficiently seek the most feasible offshore and onshore cable routes, narrowing down millions of options to a shortlist. We then utilised the platform to further refine these routes, simply and efficiently collaborating across the project team”
From scoping design parameters and assessing estimated costs to making final iterations, Optioneer delivers a single, repeatable workflow for a flexible, collaborative and thorough optioneering process.
- Establish parameters for your preferred route, including environmental, engineering, social, cultural and cost considerations
- Save core design rule ‘models’ for future route identification and assessment
- Configure penalties and restrictions, and designate individual layers as ‘no-go zones’
- Define start and end points, including waypoints, and apply design rules to optimise route shortlisting
- Return relevant options with the first routes appearing in just an hour
- Compare scenarios on an interactive map
- Explore corridors in detail
- Iterate on key route parameters and impacts with an intuitive GIS panel configurator
- Visualise key geographic features, topography, and key site assets
- Create complete Black, Red, Amber, Green (BRAG) assessment tables in minutes
- Make iterations to routes when new data arises or assumptions change and compare options side-by-side
- Review key performance indicators including construction cost, numbers of crossings or excavation volumes
- Collaborate on site feedback and route parameters with route commenting
- Keep a record of key decisions and discussions at each stage of the route assessment process
- Export preferred route metadata to CAD or GIS software for more detailed design and refinement
- Flexible export file formats that can be configured to meet your needs
Whether it’s an onshore or offshore cable, an overhead power line or a pipeline, Optioneer’s AI will simultaneously assess dozens of complex design rule criteria, on millions of potential routes, and generate an optimised shortlist of tailored options for a more vigorous route appraisal.
Identify stronger route scenarios with automatically updated, open-source GIS data all managed in one place, helping you to better engage with stakeholders, drive collaboration and support more informed decision making on projects.
GIS DATA analysis
Confidently progress your project to planning stages with Optioneer’s own up-to-date GIS data sets. Leverage automatically updated open-source data on cultural heritage, infrastructure, biodiversity and more to conduct a detailed assessment on millions of potential routes that stands up to greater scrutiny.
Explore route corridors in vivid detail to ensure they are good options for development. Visualise major geographic features and topography, identify existing assets and crossings, and estimate excavation volumes so you can better plan for the construction phases in advance and avoid significant setbacks to your project.
Easily configure routes to address stakeholder needs. Select options to circumvent designated and heritage sites, avoid heavily populated areas or minimise visual impacts amongst other considerations, for better route options that overcome major restrictions.